Every pawnbroker or non-exempt secondhand merchandise dealer is required to keep a register of each article of
property that a person pawns or sells to the pawnbroker or secondhand merchandise dealer. The information is required to be submitted to a statewide
repository that is accessible to law enforcement.
Note: Please download and carefully review the
Pawnshop and Secondhand Merchant Business Orientation Packet
If you have further questions after reading these materials, please contact the Division. The following packet gives detailed information regarding:
- The registration requirements and process for pawnshops and secondhand merchants.
- An explanation of the Utah Central Database and the relevant contact information.
- A summary of certain sections of the Pawnshop and Secondhand Merchandise Transaction Information Act 13-32a-101 et seq.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional resources and links
|Important Notice from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission |
This information is made available as a free public service without any express or implied warrranties, and is subject to the following disclaimers:
- ACCURACY. The State makes no guarantee of the completeness or accuracy of this information. The State makes no promise or warranty to maintain or update the information. The user assumes the risk of verifying materials.
- NO WARRANTIES. In providing this information, the State makes no express or implied warranty, and does not assume any responsibility for the information's accuracy, completeness, currency, or use for any purpose.